How to create Google AdSense Ads
- Log into your Google AdSense account.
- Click on the “Ads” option from the left sidebar.
- Click on the “By Ad Unit” from the top.
- Then click on the Display Ads option.
- Then give the name of your Ad unit and choose the Square/Horizontal/vertical option from the top if you want responsive google ads.
- If you want fixed size ads then give the name of your Ad unit and from the right side click on the option under Ad Size and then click on the fixed size option.
- Write the size of your ad and click on the save button and copy the code and place it on your website.
Firstly getting Google AdSense approval in 2020 is the most challenging part. And you have got the approval so this whole matter will be also easy for you. AdSense Ad placement is the very first thing that comes into mind after getting the Google AdSense approval. It’s not so tough If you know the facts about Google advertisements. These facts are AdSense Ads Types, AdSense Ad placement guidelines, and Highest revenue-generating Google Ads.
Google recently invented a new option called Google AdSense Auto Ads. I will also explain how you can use that for getting more revenue.
AdSense Ads Types
AdSense Ads are known as ad units. There are five types of ad units that you will find in your AdSense account. You can also see four ad units if your AdSense account is new.
- Display Ad unit,
- In-feed Ad unit,
- In-article Ad unit,
- Matched content Ad unit,
- Link Ad unit.
Display ads and Matched content ads generate the highest revenue among these five ads. However, Google recommended using only the Display ad unit for better revenue.
Display Ad unit
There are different sizes of display ads. And they are(Medium Rectangle (300×250), Large Rectangle (336×280), Half Page (300×600), Large Mobile Banner (320×100) Banner (728×90). Google provides different types of ad sizes for every device. You just need to choose the best one according to your website. You can find out more details about Google AdSense Ad sizes from this page – Responsive display ads
When you will click on the display ad option the first ad you will see is the responsive ads. This ad comes in three sizes Square/Horizontal/vertical, You don’t have to set any size for this. These responsive ads fit your website according to the ad availability. If you use this then there will be no chance of blank ads on your website according to Google.
“Responsive ads on your site will adapt to your specific page layout and so might look different to the examples shown.” – Google AdSense.
“Fixed-sized ad units may limit the number of ads available and can therefore result in lower earnings than responsive.” – Google AdSense.
In-feed Ad unit
This ad unit will be mixed up with the content of your website. And most of the people who will visit your website will think that it is also the content of your website, not a google advertisement. You can add this to the main feed on a homepage. Or in the main feed on a product or services results page or in the horizontal feed on the page or in a text-only feed. In short, it’s completely up to you.
You could have a website that has a different feed layout on desktop and mobile then you can also set up different In-feed Ad unit codes for both devices according to their layout.
For setting this ad unit on your website click on the In-feed Ad. It will take you to a page where you need to write the URL of your website if you want Google to create an ad unit for you. But if you don’t that then you can also create that manually.
You can edit the font size and image position in both options but I will recommend you let google choose the position for you.
In-article ads are responsive ads that automatically adjust their size for every device. The minimum width for an In-article ad is 250px, it will not be less than it. For setting this ad on your website click on the In-article ad from the top and then it will divert to a page where you can edit the font and colors of it. Once you are done then click on the save option and copy the code and set it on your website.
Matched content unit
Matched content unit is a great ad unit for generating more revenue. These ad units work best for sites with longer content pages like in-depth articles, which have an associated image because this ad just mixed up with the website content. This fact increases the high click rate than other ads.
This ad is not available for every website, even not in new AdSense approved websites. After a few days of approval, if your website is eligible for this unit, you can add that. For setting this click on the Matched content option and then edit the fonts and color and paste the codes on your website.
link ad unit
Most of the time people don’t find this ad unit in their AdSense account and its also not used so much. I will not recommend you to use that, I don’t use that also. If you like to know more details about this then simply go to this google support page – Create a link ad unit
Meanwhile, Auto Ads are a pretty good option for those who are not so much experienced about creating and placing ads. You can also use it with your existing ad units. There are two types of Google AdSense auto ads, one for the desktop version and the other is for mobile version.
- Matched content
These are the three ad formats of AdSense Auto Ads. All three are available for both mobile and desktop versions. You can also limit the ad numbers and also can exclude those pages where you don’t want to show them.
AdSense Ad placement guideline
There are a few rules about AdSense Ad placement. These rules are called Best practices for ad placement.
- Always keep in mind that, People visit your website for your content, not for watching the ads so you need to make sure that people should find the content first on your website. Don’t set big size ads at the start of your website, also don’t use responsive ads at the start.
- It’s always a good idea to choose separate kinds of ads for desktop and mobile. In the mobile version make sure that your ads should not cover the whole area of above the fold. If the content is visible with ad then it will okay but if there is the only ad then it will cause policy violation.
“Google AdSense Ads should look like Ads”
- Make sure that your Google AdSense Advertisements look like advertisements. You can also write Advertisements in the upper section of the ads.
- There is no max or min about using the ads. You have to choose the number of ads that you like to show on your website. The fact you need to keep in mind while doing this is the density of ads. There should not be too many ads on a single page because people are on your website for content not for ads.
- Do not use any sticky ads on your website.
- Make sure that your visitors don’t click on the ads accidentally.
Highest revenue generating AdSense Ads
These are best performing Google AdSense ad sizes that offer the highest revenue. However, which one you should use is completely up to you.
- The Leaderboard (728×90)
- Mobile Leaderboard (320×50)
- Large Mobile Banner (320×100)
- Large Rectangle (336×280)
- Large Rectangle (336×280)
- Half Page aka Large Skyscraper (300×600)
- Wide Skyscraper (160×600)
- The Billboard (970×250)
- Portrait (300×1050)
- The Square (250×250)
In conclusion, I will only say that every website has a different layout so you have to think according to your website layout. For example, do not follow other websites.
You can also read this blog to know more details about AdSense – DETAILS PEOPLE WANT TO KNOW ABOUT GOOGLE ADSENSE
-------- Advertisement --------